About a week ago I held a competition to give away an engagement shoot. I have had so many amazing entries that in the end, the names went into a hat and a name was drawn. The winner is….
Huge congratulations Laura. I loved the idea of having an engagement shoot at a funfair. Let me know when a fair comes to town .
Diana and Omar get married in August and I can’t wait. For months we have talked about the plans and we’ve been to wedding fairs together so I have seen some of the things they are having. This makes me even more of excited because it’s going to be so beautiful.
They were both a little nervous about having their photo taken so Diana suggested a pre wedding shoot. When I asked if she had anything in mind, Stratford upon Avon came up in conversation so we could go on a rowing boat. Yes, yes, yes I replied!!!
On a lunch date with my Husband, I looked out of the window and saw a beautiful lake with a sailing club attached. I popped over there and they couldn’t have been more helpful. It was even more beautiful from the other side too.
A date was arranged and a very nervous Diana and Omar arrived. I hope you like the results.
My Husband and I were at a nice restaurant, over looking a gorgeous lake when I commented how nice it would be to do a shoot there. Fast forward a month and Diana emails suggesting we do their pre-wedding shoot on a rowing boat!
I will tell you more in a few days when I blog the whole shoot but I hope you like the sneak peek x
The relief I felt when the four (including Larry) of us stepped foot into this wood. The sun was spilling in between the trees which made it the perfect light to shoot in.
Larry was able to run around like a lunatic while Lucy, Gareth and I took our time and strolled through the woods, taking pictures now and then.
It was beautiful here in Bromsgrove and somewhere I would definitely like to visit again. I seriously can’t wait for the wedding next month.
Vicky told me that she fell in love with my photography when she saw Kelly & Andy’s pre wedding shoot on my blog back in September 2011. This shoot was in a cornfield that had hay bales, was shot in Birmingham too and was so pretty. I was flattered but slightly worried I wouldn’t live up to Vicky’s expectations for her engagement shoot……….that was, until I spotted another gorgeous location, filled with bright yellow rapeseed! I have often been cruising up the motorway to my next wedding and seen beautiful rapeseed fields and thought they would make a great location for an engagement shoot. Now was the perfect opportunity……
Vicky’s and Tom’s engagement shoot was full of laughs and stories. I couldn’t have asked for a nicer couple and I can’t wait for their wedding next year.
Today when I looked out of the window and saw glorious sunshine, I jumped for joy that our summer was finally here. Then I remembered that I had a pre-wedding shoot and quickly looked for any clouds! There were none.
When I arrived with Lucy and Gareth I asked them if they knew anywhere with shade. “There’s a wood with Blue bells in down the road” Lucy said. “Perfect” I replied!!!
For the last week I have had some news about a competition that I can now finally tell you about. Daffodil Waves Photography have collaborated with Virgin Balloon Flights to offer one very special couple an opportunity of a lifetime.
We are offering an engagement shoot in a hot air balloon worth nearly £800!!!! If you are engaged or plan to propose to your partner, then this competition is for you.
It doesn’t just stop there. Your experience will include the following:
- Greeting, registration and pilot briefing
- Invitation to help with the inflation & deflation of the balloon
- A 3-4 hour experience with around an hours flight in an iconic Virgin balloon
- Traditional champagne toast after landing
- Certificate signed by your pilot and endorsed by Sir Richard Branson
- Retrieval service back to your original launch site
- Exclusive Virgin merchandise gift pack including shoulder bag, cap, pen, key ring, pre-flight DVD, binoculars and a crystal engraved Champagne flute!
- Luxury voucher and gift wallet
- Disk of edited images from the experience provided by Daffodil Waves Photography
You cannot imagine how excited I am to offer one lucky couple this. So, what do you have to do to enter I hear you ask?
Well, this is all you have to do:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org the following
1. Your proposal story
2. Why you would want to win this fantastic prize
3. A few details about yourself; name, age and where you are from
4. A picture of you both (preferably on your engagement) to show when the winner is announced.
As with everything there are a few T&C’s that you have to agree to:
- You have to be prepared to travel anywhere in the Midlands dependant on the launch site, these include: Shropshire, Staffordshire, Herefordshire, Worcestershire and Warwickshire
- You have to be engaged or plan to propose on the flight
- Agree to have the shoot posted online, on Virgin Balloon Flight’s promotional literature, our blogs and social networking sites (you must sign a consent form for this)
- Be prepared to change your date last minute, as the flight is weather dependent
- Not be pregnant or have undergone major surgery in the last three months
- The flight vouchers have no cash value, are non-returnable and non-transferable
- Full terms and conditions available at www.virginballoonflights.co.uk/legalstuff
That is it!! The competition is going to run until Midnight on the 14th May and the winner will be announced on the 16th May. The winner will be announced on my blog (www.daffodilwaves.co.uk/blog) and an email will also be sent to the winner detailing the next steps before booking onto a flight.
Enjoy recalling all the happy thoughts from your engagement; I can’t wait to read your stories.
One thing I love to receive are ‘Jenny emails’. We could potentially send them all day. If we are not doing that then we are pinning our favourite pictures as we have a passion for Pinterest.
The next thing for them to plan was their Engagement shoot and they wanted one very important person involved, their
crazy lovely dog Humphrey.
We headed to the gorgeous Bradgate park, as Humphrey would be in his element here while we took in the beautiful scenery and started shooting the moment.
Firstly though, we had to do a bit of walking. I’m very glad I didn’t do my hair that day that’s for sure. After the burning had stopping in my chest we found some beautiful spots to get down to work.
I hope you like them
Jenny and I hit it off from the minute we met and Dave’s not too bad either , so when we put a date in the diary for the pre-wedding shoot I was very excited. The lovely thing is there was going to be someone else included in this shoot too, their gorgeous dog Humphrey.
More pictures to come in the week but here are a few to get on with.
Kelly and I hit it off straight away and I loved receiving her bubbly, excited emails about the wedding and even more chuffed when she booked an Engagement shoot!
The brief was ‘Corn fields’. Hmmm OK, where am I finding one of those in Birmingham. On the way to another wedding venue I drove past a field with a scatter of circular hay bales! BINGO!