Last month I headed to Liverpool ready for Shelene and Stevens wedding, not knowing what to expect. It was the first time I had shot a wedding in Liverpool so to say I was excited was an understatement! I had spoken to Shelene a lot about her planning, pictures were exchanged and I just knew her day was going to be gorgeous. Shelene and Steven were having a church ceremony at St Mary’s and then having their wedding reception over at Stanley Park at the Isla Gladstone Conservatory.
When I arrived at Shelena’s moms house it was full of ladies rushing around getting ready, but they were enjoying themselves at the same time. Before you knew it, the ladies had left and it just left Shelene and her Dad, waiting for her car to take her to see her future Husband.
Vicky told me that she fell in love with my photography when she saw Kelly & Andy’s pre wedding shoot on my blog back in September 2011. This shoot was in a cornfield that had hay bales, was shot in Birmingham too and was so pretty. I was flattered but slightly worried I wouldn’t live up to Vicky’s expectations for her engagement shoot……….that was, until I spotted another gorgeous location, filled with bright yellow rapeseed! I have often been cruising up the motorway to my next wedding and seen beautiful rapeseed fields and thought they would make a great location for an engagement shoot. Now was the perfect opportunity……
Vicky’s and Tom’s engagement shoot was full of laughs and stories. I couldn’t have asked for a nicer couple and I can’t wait for their wedding next year.
We are very lucky to have some amazing wedding venues in the Midlands and Mythe Barn in Atherstone, Warwickshire is no exception. I have been an extremely lucky wedding photographer to have seen the transformation of this venue over the months and also very fortunate to have a lot of weddings booked there so I also get to talk to some VERY excited brides about how they feel about the venue too.
Last week was their welcome day, to show around the couples and their families so they could look at the finished article. On the same day, I also arranged a Mythe Barn styled wedding shoot to show the couples getting married there, what their pictures could look like without even having to leave the grounds.
Today when I looked out of the window and saw glorious sunshine, I jumped for joy that our summer was finally here. Then I remembered that I had a pre-wedding shoot and quickly looked for any clouds! There were none.
When I arrived with Lucy and Gareth I asked them if they knew anywhere with shade. “There’s a wood with Blue bells in down the road” Lucy said. “Perfect” I replied!!!
We had so many wonderful entries and it was very hard to decide but finally the winner is:
This is her story:
We got engaged on Christmas day 2011 on the observation deck on the worlds tallest building, The Burj Khalifa in Dubai. This was all a complete surprise to me, my amazing fiancé had arranged it all in secret, he had even asked my dad’s permission without me knowing….there was just one thing he did not plan on…me getting food poisoning and being really really ill on the day!! So ill in fact I actually told him to go off on his own that day and leave me in bed….which wouldn’t have worked out very well! However, I struggled on feeling ill and I can tell you it was certainly worth it!!
Originally from Leicestershire, I have been living in Wales for the past ten years and this is where I met my fiance Richard (33). We now live together in Cardiff.
I have always dreamt of going up in a hot air balloon, however, it is something I have never got around to organising and this would be a perfect surprise prize for my other half, after all the great surprises he has organised for me over the last 12 months!
Huge congratulations and I can’t wait to meet you both.
For the last week I have had some news about a competition that I can now finally tell you about. Daffodil Waves Photography have collaborated with Virgin Balloon Flights to offer one very special couple an opportunity of a lifetime.
We are offering an engagement shoot in a hot air balloon worth nearly £800!!!! If you are engaged or plan to propose to your partner, then this competition is for you.
It doesn’t just stop there. Your experience will include the following:
- Greeting, registration and pilot briefing
- Invitation to help with the inflation & deflation of the balloon
- A 3-4 hour experience with around an hours flight in an iconic Virgin balloon
- Traditional champagne toast after landing
- Certificate signed by your pilot and endorsed by Sir Richard Branson
- Retrieval service back to your original launch site
- Exclusive Virgin merchandise gift pack including shoulder bag, cap, pen, key ring, pre-flight DVD, binoculars and a crystal engraved Champagne flute!
- Luxury voucher and gift wallet
- Disk of edited images from the experience provided by Daffodil Waves Photography
You cannot imagine how excited I am to offer one lucky couple this. So, what do you have to do to enter I hear you ask?
Well, this is all you have to do:
Email email@example.com the following
1. Your proposal story
2. Why you would want to win this fantastic prize
3. A few details about yourself; name, age and where you are from
4. A picture of you both (preferably on your engagement) to show when the winner is announced.
As with everything there are a few T&C’s that you have to agree to:
- You have to be prepared to travel anywhere in the Midlands dependant on the launch site, these include: Shropshire, Staffordshire, Herefordshire, Worcestershire and Warwickshire
- You have to be engaged or plan to propose on the flight
- Agree to have the shoot posted online, on Virgin Balloon Flight’s promotional literature, our blogs and social networking sites (you must sign a consent form for this)
- Be prepared to change your date last minute, as the flight is weather dependent
- Not be pregnant or have undergone major surgery in the last three months
- The flight vouchers have no cash value, are non-returnable and non-transferable
- Full terms and conditions available at www.virginballoonflights.co.uk/legalstuff
That is it!! The competition is going to run until Midnight on the 14th May and the winner will be announced on the 16th May. The winner will be announced on my blog (www.daffodilwaves.co.uk/blog) and an email will also be sent to the winner detailing the next steps before booking onto a flight.
Enjoy recalling all the happy thoughts from your engagement; I can’t wait to read your stories.